Summer Scholarships For A Study Trip In Turkey
- The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Turkey will offer short summer scholarships for a study trip for successful and motivated graduate students (MA, MPhil, PhD, etc.) interested in Ottoman and Turkish studies.
- The aim of the project is to provide wide-ranging first hand information on Turkey, its culture, history and politics; and to promote social and academic exchanges among the participants and their Turkish counterparts.
- Applicants to the study trip must be graduate students in Turcology, History, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Journalism, Law or Public Administration.
- This year’s scholarship programme is open to students from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA.
All travel and accommodation expenses of the study trip will be covered by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- The programme will include 30 participants.
- The programme, excursions and discussions will be in English.
- Participants of the study trip will be required to arrive in Turkey on 17 August 2015 and fully participate in the programme that ends on 25 August 2015. (Draft programme is enclosed.)
- Following the visit, participants will be requested to provide an evaluation paper by 20 September 2015 on the programme and their perception of Turkey.
- Applications will be made to the Turkish Embassy in Oslo to the following address:
Halvdan Svartes Gate No:5 0244 Oslo/Norway
- Applicants will be requested to provide a CV, motivation letter in English and transcripts.
The deadline for applications is 5 July 2015.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Personal Application to Consular Section: 09:00-12:30, Phone Application to Consular Section: 14:00-16:00 Applicants who use public transportation for arriving at the Embassy can get off at the Olav Kyrres Plass bus-stop on Bygdoy Alle.
|1/1/2019||1/1/2019||Local Religious Holiday (Nyttårsdag)|
|4/18/2019||4/19/2019||Local Religious Holiday -Easter|
|6/10/2019||6/10/2019||Religious Public Holiday (Pentecost)|
|1/1/2020||12/2/2019||New Year's Day|
|4/9/2020||4/14/2020||Local Religious Holiday - Easter|
|10/29/2020||10/30/2020||Republic Day of Turkey|
+ 90 312 292 29 29